Brisbane City Council runs the Homeless Connect event twice a year & the next one is on 28 May 2014.
This allows people who are experiencing homelessness to access some of the goods & services they need, in one location.
Many people attend this event which is a day of positive action & GIVIT donors can help it succeed by donating much-needed personal items for women, men, youth, children & babies:
- Baby items – disposable nappies (all sizes), formula (within 3 months of use by date) & toiletries – baby wash, baby lotion, nappy rash cream, soft baby brushes, baby powder, toothbrushes & toothpaste
- Bath Towels & Face Washers
- Blankets & Sleeping Bags
- Bottled water (600ml)
- Can openers & cutlery
- Cleaning products
- Non-perishable foods – canned goods (preferably with flip top), snack food, juice (long life items only)
- Personal Toiletries – male & female – body wash, brushes, combs, conditioner, deodorant, feminine hygiene products, shampoo, toothbrushes, toothpaste & wipes
- Shoes – baby, children & youth – all sizes (new or gently used)
- Sunscreen/Insect repellent
- Underwear – men, women & children – all sizes – must be NEW
Donations can be dropped off at any Brisbane City Council Ward Office or Library. For locations please go to the following website http://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/community/community-support/housing-homelessness/homeless-connect.